United Kingdom Best Gambling Sites
The best gambling sites are often hard to find. If you don't know what to look for exactly, you might miss out on getting the VIP treatment at the top UK online casinos. Here you'll find a curation of sites that will pass even the most stringent requirements.
A Rich History of Gambling in the UK
For many people living in the United Kingdom in 2020, slots are a daily part of life, whether you play them yourself or walk past them at the pub for your weekly pint with your coworkers. Since gambling is all around us, it is no wonder that online gaming has become so popular. The UK has a rich and storied history in gambling that continues to this day. Since the early 1500s it was possible to place bets on horse racing, with many English monarchs either participating themselves or at least owning and breeding racehorses. Legal casinos and bingo halls have been around since the 1960s. In 1994, Isle of Man based company Microgaming developed the very first online casino software. Since then, there has been plenty of online gambling activity in the United Kingdom. In 1995, CyptoLogic, originally a Canadian company now based in Dublin, Ireland, developed a safe means to exchange money between players and websites.
The development of secure financial transactions was another step towards actual internet gambling. Then, in 1996, InterCasino was the first online gambling site to allow players from the UK. Unfortunately, although InterCasino is still around, players from the United Kingdom can no longer play there. In 2005, the government passed the Gambling Act and set up the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC). This signaled a turning point in gambling in the UK as the previous laws had been unclear and outdated. It is the UKGC that now regulates gambling sites onshore and determines which offshore casinos UK players can play at. The Gambling Act of 2005 also made provision for resort-style "super casinos" to be built across the country. Public backlash and political pandering have thus far prevented construction on any of these Las Vegas type resorts.
The Best Software Platforms for Gambling Sites
Microgaming, which has already been mentioned, is one of the top online gaming developers. They have the world's largest and the first online progressive jackpot network. Microgaming which is used on sites like 32Red Casino offers slots, traditional table games, and branded games - over 500 in total - with more being added each month. Sweden based NetEnt, which is licensed and regulated by the UKGC, offers more than 200 games. They offer branded slots like Narcos and Vikings, roulette, scratch cards, poker, and other casino games. Playtech is best known for its superhero-themed casino games, so fans of Marvel or Warner Bros will have a grand time. For those who aren't fans of superheroes, there's no need to worry. With 600 plus games, Playtech has more than enough variety to make everyone happy. The leading developer of 3D games, Betsoft, is a good bet for those players who enjoy a bit more interaction in their online casino games.
Types of Bonuses to Consider
- Free Play - If you want to feel like a high-roller, find a site that offers a certain period - maybe an hour or so - of free play. You'll be able to strut around the house like you own the place. Of course, if you're gambling online you are probably at home, so you likely DO own the place. But you will also be able to play online casino games like a boss with no money of your own.
- Free Spins - Look for casinos that offer free spin deals if you're a fan of the fast-paced game of slots. You can try out the different offerings at the best gambling sites and have a chance to win real cash with no deposit.
- Free Cash - Depending on the site there may be restrictions on which games you can play using free cash bonuses, but you will usually have plenty of freedom to wager your gift as you wish. Try table games like craps or blackjack on the house.
Recommended Casino Banking Methods for British Players
- Cards - Most sites will still allow you to manually enter your credit or debit card details to make deposits. If you don't use an eWallet, this is likely the preferred banking method for you. You'll then have to enter your bank account info for making a withdrawal.
- eWallets - Casinos know that part of excellent customer service is making getting your payout easy on you. That's why eWallet providers like PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller are almost universally accepted at UK casinos.
- Crypto - Casinos also understand that you like to be flexible, and they try to be as accommodating as possible. If you'd rather use your Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Ripple accounts to make deposits and receive your winnings, the best gambling sites offer cryptocurrency options as well.
Playing at online gambling establishments is fun, but finding a reputable site with excellent bonuses and great software can be daunting. Let us take the drudgery out of the process for you, and we'll only provide the top of the best gambling sites for you to try out utilizing bonus codes and sign-up promos. Wagering as a pastime has had a long history in the United Kingdom, and the future is just as bright.